53 minutes ago
08 February 2010
Karaoke "My Way" Murders
Interesting story out of the New York Times: in the Philippines, if you sing "My Way" out of tune, your life might in danger.
We all have friends who've taught English in Asia and have reported back on how serious Asian people can be about karaoke. The staggering number of at least six "My Way" related deaths still prove surprising.
John Denver's "Take Me Home, Country Roads" is another song that has proved lethal in Asia, but there has also been violence in Seattle. It should be said though that the Seattle case involved the song "Yellow". Comrade Bingo understands why any song by Coldplay might give rise to violence.
- ► 2011 (41)
- The British Library wants to keep your blog foreve...
- A site with a view
- Edited blog: TIPS FOR WRITERS!!!!!
- Businessman to destroy artwork
- Brittania, its limp-dick press and Westminster sta...
- GLAAD to honour funny lady Wanda Sykes
- When women threaten to beat men at the Olympics
- Yet another cause of death for King Tut
- Roger Ebert: The Essential Man
- Unprovoked Curtis Mayfield Post
- OCD Heaven: The miniature photography of Michael P...
- A good family on Family Day
- My Wife's Valentine
- Alexander McQueen: beauty.
- The problem with mothers
- My new favourite thing on the Internets
- Our very French Valentine to you
- Are you but a notch on your Facebook friends' bedp...
- Karaoke "My Way" Murders
- Checklists: surgeons, the mentally-challenged and ...
- Smash proof pint glass
- Those who know celebrities
- Elderly woman versus Mercedes driver
- We love Unhappy Hipsters
- Amazon "will have to capitulate"
- ▼ February (25)