2 hours ago
18 January 2010
Tech School Evacuated, 11-Year Old Electronics Tinkerer And Parents Advised To Get Counselling
For the crime of messing about with witchcraft.. err, no, terrorism... err no, science and technology.. yeah.. that's the bad stuff.
How perversely distrustful and frightened we've become of the science and technology on which our incredibly high standard of living depends.
I wonder which school policies were violated in bringing a personal science project to San Diego's Millennial Tech Magnet Middle School - a school which "emphasizes technology skills".
- ► 2011 (41)
- I died a thousand mimes
- Amazon vs. Macmillan: Fight!
- Can't stand Salinger, yet I owe him
- New Apple iPad announced
- A History of the World in 100 Objects
- Eagle Watching in Nova Scotia
- Stop feeding the poor already! A Republican apolog...
- Favourite music of dictators and aspiring despots
- Haiti, Canadian proragation and slacktivists: when...
- The Way The Future Blogs: Frederik Pohl on Isaac A...
- Seal hunt Minister gets tofu pie in the face
- Sky drones to spy on British citizenry
- Anglo-Saxon queen found
- Geeks drive girls out of computer science
- Essential McGarrigle
- Help Haiti! Match survivor footage to family photo...
- On appeal: is it ok for British Airways to discrim...
- Canadian Folksinger Kate McGarrigle Dies
- Viva Conando, the late-night debacle as metaphor f...
- Tech School Evacuated, 11-Year Old Electronics Tin...
- Avatar, the end of the imagination
- Awards season: Is Tarantino getting the shaft?
- LIFE, a trove of photos
- Comrade Bingo says "Give money to Haiti"
- Limbaugh says "Don't give money to Haiti"
- Two Canadians held hostage by turkey
- A Photostream of Haiti
- Snowed Under Brits Play Daredevils
- ▼ January (28)