07 July 2010

Toronto Fringe Day 8 - "Eternal Eclipse", "Bosco and Jones"

Between The Aquarium and Comrade Bingo, I haven't had a chance to see many shows at the Fringe so far. I do, however, live right around the corner from Factory and was able to pop in to see Bosco and Jones today. Although I was perplexed by the exclusively American entertainment frame-of-reference, as our friend to the south would say, at the end of the day, funny is funny. And good entertainment is always pure joy. 

I have seen a few Fringe shows and can I just sound like an old fart and echo Sir Anthony Hopkins who moans about (screen) actors mumbling? This is NOT the case with (the play) Bosco and Jones but it's a sad state of affairs when THEATRE actors can't be bothered to enunciated and project. Although the cast members of Bosco and Jones are middle-aged, this isn't a generational thing. The Spring chickens in The Waves step up to the plate. As the Americans would say.

So beyond my "go see Bosco & Jones: they can speak!" spiel, I recommend it for its irreverent humour, expert directing and excellent, moving cast.

I haven't yet had a chance to see Kendra Hughes' Eternal Eclipse but as someone who grew up in Montréal under the cultural reign of La la la Human Steps and Carbonne 14, I was looking forward to hearing what she had to say about her contemporary dance show. 


No comments:

Post a Comment

Contributors